cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE License problem

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

I see an advice about we have reached 75% of clients trackin.

It says that our license can tracking 7000clientes.

Según lo que indica la web de Cisco la licencia del mse es ahora por APs no por clientes. No entiendo porque sale ese mensaje.

In Cisco web I see that  MSE license is AP-based now.

"With MSE Release 7.4 and later, licenses are access point (AP)-based and not endpoint-based. In order to accommodate this, new location service licenses are introduced.

There are two levels of licenses under Location Services License, Base Location and Advanced Location.

Base Location License

The Base Location License is equivalent to the CAS license in the earlier software versions and is used for endpoint tracking. The license count is based on the number of APs supported.

Note: This is referred to as Location Services License in software release 7.4. In software release 7.5 and later, it is called the Base Location License.

The license format is L-LS-100AP. Here 'LS' refers to Location Services and '100AP' refers to 100 AP count."

I don´t understand why I see the 75% clients reached message.

The MSE is virtual and the installed version is 7.6.

The licenses are 

L-MSE-7.0-K9

y 7 PRO-L-LS-100AP

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The MSE licensing on v7.6 is indeed per AP, so you have a 100 AP license, so the % of clients tracking/client used maybe is due to the vMSE ova size.  Your limit would be the vMSE sizing of the ova and if you went over 100 access points.  Tracking of rogues can also take up the % of clients.  you can specify what you want tracked also in PI.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your previous answer.

I have a license for 700 APs (7 L-LS-100AP) and L-MSE-7.0-K9 license too.

In license Tab, I see this information too:

Service       Platform Limit by AP            Type                                                          Installed limit by AP                 License Type

CAS           2500                     CAS Elements                          700                         Permanent

wIPS          6000                     wIPS Monitor Mode APs             10                         Evaluation                                                             wIPS Local Mode APs                10                         (120 days left)

MC             2500                     Mobile Concierge                        10                          Evaluation 

(120 days left)

ANA           2500                      Location Analytics                       10                          Evaluation

(120 days left)

I installed Cisco MSE Standard Virtual Appliance.

Now the number of  registerd clients is 3000 or 4000 and 500 APs.

If Cisco says in its documentation:

*With software version 7.4 the licensing model has been changed from client-based to AP-based. The total clients supported on MSE has also been increased from 18,000 on MSE software release 7.3 to 25,000 on MSE software release 7.4. BL/AL refers to Base Location/Advanced Location.

Why  do I see the message "License usage for Client Elements of the Context Aware Service has exceeded its threshold of 75% of the installed license count of 7000" if I have 4000 registered clients?

Could it be a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

-Ivan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card