Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE License

Knutsen2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am planning on installing CleanAir Wireless network, using WLC 5508, WCS(with plus license) and MSE.

Can somone explaine for me wich MSE license i need to get this to work ?

Regards

Erik

1 Reply 1

sandilday
Level 4
Level 4

I'm going thru the same thing right now and this is a bit confusing.  What I do know is that there are 2 types of licensing and depending on what it is you want to do you want one of the other or both. The licenses are explained below.  I hope this helps.

Two types of Licenses:

• •1.       wIPS – Adaptive Wireless Intrusion Prevention
    • •a.     Maintain a constant awareness of your RF environment to minimize legal liability, protect your brand reputation, and assure regulatory compliance.
    • •b.     Cisco Adaptive Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) offers advanced network security for dedicated monitoring and detection of wireless network anomalies, unauthorized access, and RF attacks. Fully integrated with the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, this solution delivers integrated visibility and control across the network, without the need for an overlay solution.

• •2.       Context Aware – for locating wireless devices 
    • •a.     With Context-Aware Software, organizations can quickly locate rogue devices, interferers, Wi-Fi clients, tagged assets, and wired devices. This physical location information provides the insight needed to improve workflow, quickly troubleshoot mobile clients, and implement asset management solutions.

Sandi

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card