cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE Not Showing Clients After Upgrade to 7.6.100.0

Dan Man
Level 1
Level 1

I've upgraded our 5508 WLC's to ver 7.6.100.0.  I've also upgraded our NCS to 2.0, and our MSE to 7.6.100.0.  I now can no longer see clients on the MSE map for our sites.  I've added the WLC to the MSE syncronization.  When I select "show clients" it says 0 of 0 found.  I know I have clients connected, since I can see them in the WLC.  Is this a licensing issue?  Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure that NMSP is up.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9742/products_tech_note09186a0080bb497f.shtml#add-va-ncs

On WLC console, use the show auth-list command.

The following example shows from WLC console that there is no location server available:

In order to manually add the MSE and establish a NMSP connection to WLC, complete these steps:

On the MSE console, run the cmdshell command, and then the show server-auth-info command.

This example shows the MAC address and the keyhash to be used for adding to the WLC.

Run the config auth-list add ssc command, and then run the show auth-list.

This example shows that the MSE was added to the WLC (manually).

On the NCS, confirm that the NMSP connection shows Active.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Dan,

There must be compatibility issue.

see this matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Reagrds

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Sandeep, thank you for your quick reply!

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure that NMSP is up.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9742/products_tech_note09186a0080bb497f.shtml#add-va-ncs

On WLC console, use the show auth-list command.

The following example shows from WLC console that there is no location server available:

In order to manually add the MSE and establish a NMSP connection to WLC, complete these steps:

On the MSE console, run the cmdshell command, and then the show server-auth-info command.

This example shows the MAC address and the keyhash to be used for adding to the WLC.

Run the config auth-list add ssc command, and then run the show auth-list.

This example shows that the MSE was added to the WLC (manually).

On the NCS, confirm that the NMSP connection shows Active.

-Scott

Scott,

I'll tell you what.....YOU have NEVER steered me wrong, when I have an issue in the wireless realm!  That was exactly what the problem was!  Not in a thousand years would I have ever thought to check the NMSP status!  It works now!!!  Again, I can't express my thanks enough; and how important you are to this forum!  Thank you thank you thank you!

Dan,

Glad to help. I don't have all the answers, but someone usually will on this forum. Glad that you have it working!

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card