Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE with WIPs

chopra.harish1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know, how does the WIPs works in MSE. I have implemented the CAS but don't have idea about the working of MSE when using WIPs on WCS.

Can you please suggest or show me a link which gives me the idea.

Any help in this will be really appreciable.

Thanks !

Harish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the MSE is also the db for history record keeping.

Q. Do I need an MSE and Adaptive wIPS software license if I just want to do rogue detection?

A. No. Rogue detection capabilities come with the WLAN controllers and  WCS. MSE and Adaptive wIPS software licenses are required to detect  over-the-air threats such as reconnaissance, encryption cracking,  authentication cracking, denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, and potential  threats indicated by anomalous traffic patterns. MSE and Adaptive wIPS  also provide full-forensics traffic captures, long-term security event  archiving, and reporting, wIPS default tuning profiles, and a threat  knowledgebase with plain-English attack descriptions and response  guidance for ease of operations.

Differences between Controller IDS and MSE-Based Adaptive wIPS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/wips/deployment/guide/wipsdep.html#wp136463

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the MSE is also the db for history record keeping.

Q. Do I need an MSE and Adaptive wIPS software license if I just want to do rogue detection?

A. No. Rogue detection capabilities come with the WLAN controllers and  WCS. MSE and Adaptive wIPS software licenses are required to detect  over-the-air threats such as reconnaissance, encryption cracking,  authentication cracking, denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, and potential  threats indicated by anomalous traffic patterns. MSE and Adaptive wIPS  also provide full-forensics traffic captures, long-term security event  archiving, and reporting, wIPS default tuning profiles, and a threat  knowledgebase with plain-English attack descriptions and response  guidance for ease of operations.

Differences between Controller IDS and MSE-Based Adaptive wIPS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/wips/deployment/guide/wipsdep.html#wp136463

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card