cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast stopped working on Cisco WLC 5508

Djash
Level 1
Level 1

my controllers (HA) stopped passing multicast traffic. I configure a VLAN that spans from the core switch to the controller and have one server on the same vlan. Radios connected to the SSID cannot receive multicast traffic from the server.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the controller logs

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

khorram1998
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Djash 

There are a few things that you can check to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Verify that multicast is enabled on the VLAN and that the VLAN is configured correctly on the core switch and the WLC.

2. Check that the multicast group addresses are configured correctly on the server and the WLC.

3. Check that the multicast routing is configured correctly on the core switch and the WLC.

4. Verify that the client devices are configured to receive multicast traffic.

5. Check that the WLC is configured to forward multicast traffic to the correct VLANs.

6. Check for any error messages on the WLC or core switch related to multicast traffic.

7. Check if the multicast feature is supported on WLC 5508 or not.

It may be necessary to contact Cisco TAC for further assistance in resolving the issue. They will be able to look into the detailed logs and configuration of the WLC to troubleshoot the issue and provide more specific guidance on resolving it.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@khorram1998 that looks suspiciously like a generic answer which is 99% copied and pasted from OpenAI ChatGPT which I don't think is appropriate or helpful on this community!

Hello @Rich R 
I apologize about my misunderstanding, I thought It was ok to copy from ChatGPT and I only wanted to help the community.
I won't copy from ChatGPT from now on and I will answer from my own experience.
All the best,
AK

@khorram1998  @Rich R >....I won't copy from ChatGPT from now on and I will answer from my own experience.
      That is a good path forward , meaning I have been using ChatGPT myself on questions in the forum, sometimes I get insights from it , but if a particular command is returned, I will always verify if it exists (trough search engines). Basically , you can use ChatGPT as an info-assistant but scrutinize the responses given. If you reply on the community you are supposed to be knowledgeable  about the subjects you are replying on (not blind copy).  

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card