Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple vlans for Multiple  SSIDS for AP 1852

Hi

Multiple Vlans for Dyanamic interface for AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 AP for Mobilty is supported or not

Like 2504 we can create Multiple vlans for Multiple SSID

But in Mobility Controller AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 is supported or not for Multiple vlans for More SSIDS

3 Replies 3

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7
The ME APs cannot do central switching meaning dynamic interfaces are irrelevant as compared to the 2504 WLCs.

You can however use multiple VLANs with ME through two methods:

1) Configure multiple SSIDs with a different VLAN on each SSID.
2) Configure one or more SSIDs with aaa-override enabled and return the VLAN attributes you want clients switched to. You must pre-stage all FlexConnect groups with the appropriate VLAN IDs you might use so they can map them and switch locally.

In both scenarios above (and any with an ME AP setup), all clients are switched locally at the AP not centrally to the ME AP/WLC so your associated ports must be in trunk mode.

Cheers,
Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Hi
Thanks Ric Beeching
Here they are two different SSID are there
and in core switch i am using native vlan xxx
can you please provide any document via GUI or CLI
and they went guest SSID not access there lan network
in controllers i uses different Vlans for different SSIDs

and they more four APS of 1852

one AP i am using Controller and other APS which is joining to ME

the other APS in switch i am using access Port and controller i am using as trunk 

Please advice

All AP Ports will need to be Trunk with native VLAN so they can switch locally.
Config guide for 8.5 (TAC Recommended version): https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5_chapter_01.html

For guest, because it is ME, you have no choice but to switch locally because ME AP does not support guest anchor feature which allows the tunnelling of traffic to a DMZ. For that reason, your guest will still need to switch locally on a different VLAN as per the SSID.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card