cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My AP in mode flexconnect change its IP

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Aironet 2800 AP in flexconnect mode, my WLC is 9800 version 17.3.3.

My AP has static IP but after a few hours the AP switches to DHCP taking an IP different from the static IP. (it is only with this AP the problem).

That could be happening

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how is your switch port config, ?

is the same range IP you getting or a different subnet?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The switch port in trunk, the new IP that my AP gets is from the same segment.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all configuring static IP for AP management is not a best practice, it is always better to avoid as much as possible. Then if your infra demands configuring it, then Cisco recommends that you configure the static IP from WLC GUI or CLI. Commands can be referred below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-4/config-guide/b_wl_17_4_cg/m_ap_convert-autonomousaps_cg.html#:~:text=radio%20MAC%20address.-,Configuring%20a%20Static%20IP%20Address%20for%20a%20Lightweight%20Access%20Point,-If%20yo...

If you have followed the same procedure and still you cannot get it to work, then check from duplicate IP's, if not open a case with TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card