cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My Silly AP 1200

ChuckDLC
Level 1
Level 1

After fighting with AD and directory services and then my LEAP Authentication server, I found one of my 5 1200 APs wont allow me to connect to it via hard wire web browser. Currently all the indicator lights on it are Amber in color. I have yet to find what this means. Can anyone enlighten me?

4 Replies 4

amitubale
Level 1
Level 1

I think , I have seen all the lights amber when the AP reboots the first time after its converted from a VxWorks to IOS.

Unfortunately I have not updated it to the VxWorks IOS. I unfortunately haven't had the time to work with it to see if I should.

towler
Level 1
Level 1

All three indicators lit solid amber is an indication of a "Boot Failure"

Snipped from:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801486a3.html#1030793

---Richard

Yup. I finally went up the ladder (did I tell you I hate heights?) and got the AP down. I powered it down and back on. Amber lights gone. It will flash all the lights red, Amber then green then, nothing. Can't access it at all. Not even with a console connection. I tried to set it back to Factory Default and nothing. I fear my less than year old AP is dead. I tried starting a TAC for it, but unfortunately the thing is registered to the company that we hired to install the AP and not us. I hope to all the is holy that I don't need to contact them. Thanks for the answer!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card