cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My Silly AP 1200

ChuckDLC
Beginner
Beginner

After fighting with AD and directory services and then my LEAP Authentication server, I found one of my 5 1200 APs wont allow me to connect to it via hard wire web browser. Currently all the indicator lights on it are Amber in color. I have yet to find what this means. Can anyone enlighten me?

4 Replies 4

amitubale
Beginner
Beginner

I think , I have seen all the lights amber when the AP reboots the first time after its converted from a VxWorks to IOS.

Unfortunately I have not updated it to the VxWorks IOS. I unfortunately haven't had the time to work with it to see if I should.

towler
Beginner
Beginner

All three indicators lit solid amber is an indication of a "Boot Failure"

Snipped from:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801486a3.html#1030793

---Richard

Yup. I finally went up the ladder (did I tell you I hate heights?) and got the AP down. I powered it down and back on. Amber lights gone. It will flash all the lights red, Amber then green then, nothing. Can't access it at all. Not even with a console connection. I tried to set it back to Factory Default and nothing. I fear my less than year old AP is dead. I tried starting a TAC for it, but unfortunately the thing is registered to the company that we hired to install the AP and not us. I hope to all the is holy that I don't need to contact them. Thanks for the answer!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: