cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS 1.1.3.2 not compatible with WLC Code 7.6 ?

Maddin B
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have updatet my WLC 2504 Controllers. I want to applie a new wlan template. But I get only the error message:

"Reason: SNMP operation to Device failed:                           "

The SNMP Reason is empty....(See attachment)

I work with "Cisco Prime Network Control System". Is this out of date?

I have seen the Version of "Cisco Prime Infrastructe" is newer from date?

Can anyone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need PI 1.4 or PI 2.0, but PI 2.1 should be out by the end of the month hopefully which is for the v7.6.  With v7.6, the two versions mentioned will only monitor and show compatibility as if the WLC was on v7.4.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keep this handy as this will show you all the compatibility between various wireless devices and code version:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need PI 1.4 or PI 2.0, but PI 2.1 should be out by the end of the month hopefully which is for the v7.6.  With v7.6, the two versions mentioned will only monitor and show compatibility as if the WLC was on v7.4.

-Scott

Thanks for your answer. But since I'm a little disappointed the Cisco WLC publish a version. But the PI that do not Support.

Unfortunately, there is no update for the PI 2.1? The month is already around. Any news on this?

On the Cisco Wireless Solutions Software Compatibility Matrix show that PI 2.1 is not compatible with 7.6.x.x ?

PI 2.1 and PI 1.4.2 is compatible will all the current code versions and wireless hardware. The only issue is true feature support of v7.6. You can still manage WLC's on v7.6. 

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card