Views
Helpful
Replies

need help on Aironet 1300 bridges

gpan667788
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting,

We have just upgraded two Aironet 1300 bridges (from cisco 350) on two buildings about 100 yards apart. They are only running as bridges. One is set up as root bridge and another one is setup as non-root bridge. Root bridge is in the main building direct connect to Cat 4506. For some reason the root bridge has some intermittant problem connect to the network. We are running the IOS 12.3(8). We changed the cable but the problem still occured. Everytime we have to reboot the root bridge in order to get it back. but all the interfaces in the root bridge show " up / up" prior to reload. The "show tech" looks fine on the root bridge. Any suggestion? Shall I change root bridge to workgroup bridge?

really appreciate for any helps,

Gene

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gene,

With the problem you are describing, it sounds more like there is an issue with the ethernet prot, than with the configuration. One thing I would try is putting the AP into a different port on the Cat than what it is currently in. If you are still having issues, you could try swapping the power injector with the other side, and see if the problem follows the power unit. If it does, then you would need to RMA the power unit itself.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steprodr,

I just need to clearify that the power injector is on the non-root bridge? I think the power are fine on both bridges when the problem occured. We used cisco 350 bridges before the upgrade. So the cable and port are still remain the same. The problem is more going towards from root bridge come back to Cat 4506 because both root and non root bridges can ping each other when the problem occured.

thanks,

Gene

Both bridges should have a little box that the ehternet plugs into, then RG cabling up to the antenna itself. This is the power injector unit that I am referring to.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card