cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help upgrading my AP1200

smicale
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a AP 1200. It is running c1200-k9w7-tar.122-11.JA3 and 12.2(11)JA3. I am trying to upgrade to c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEA. I know I must do this using FTP or TFTP. I am doing this using a TFTP server and I just can't seem to get it updated. I placed the .tar file into my TFTP root folder and telnet to my AP. I read through the whitepaper listed with the version upgrade and I can't seem to get this to upgrade. I keep getting errors. I have set the folder to full control for Everyone. I am not clear on whether I need to erase the flash first and then upgrade or copy the file up and then have it install. Can some one please tell me what I am doing wrong. I would like step-by-step instructions on how to get this done.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

rwyates_2
Level 1
Level 1

What kind of errors are you getting? Are they TFTP errors or do you get an error once the file starts to download?

Depending on the TFTP server you can tell if the file is being accessed and trying to be sent. If you are not seeing any activity on the tftp server it is a connection problem to the server.

If you are seeing connection to the server what is the error the server gives?

Please post that information along with type of TFTP server.

HTH

I just tried doing this command and got this error in my telnet session just using a command prompt. "%Error opening tftp://192.168.1.122/tftp-root/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.jea.tar (No such file or directory)

ERROR: Failed to open archive file tftp://192.168.1.122/tftp-root/c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.jea.tar

If I look at the log in my TFTP server I see a message saying, "File does not exist. The file is there however. I am using Solarwinds.net TFTP server.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card