cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with BVI

decibel101
Level 1
Level 1

When I start my router it's giving me an error message and was wondering if someone could help me out.

error reads as:

"Configuration of vLAN subinterfaces and main

interface within the same bridge group is not permitted

Please configure the bridge group on this interface first.

Configuration of vLAN subinterfaces and main

interface within the same bridge group is not permitted

STP: Unable to get the port parameters.

Please configure the bridge group on this interface first.Authorized access only

!

Disconnect IMMEDIATELY if you are not an authorized user!

Username:

Password:

"

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

your Dot11Radio 0 Interface is in bridge-group 1, and your Dot11Radior 0.1 interface is also in Bridge-group 1. If you are doing sub interfaces on the radio, each sub interface needs to be in it's own bridge group, and the interface does not.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Stephen,

I hate to bring up an old post, but I'm having this problem to; however, I believe it's specifically talking about my vlan. I just want to make sure I understand. I have to interfaces on Bridge-Group 1. You are saying that I can create a Bridge-Group 2, and put the vlan interface on that?

Regards,

First, I'm new to bridging, but I wanted to clarify that I have a 871W router, and I have the FE4 and vlan1 interface bridged. I called the bridge bridge-group. The internet actually works pretty good, except for that error message.

Previously, I tried the BVI, but that didn't work, but when I bridged them, it did.

Regards,

Good info, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card