cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with Guest WLAN to anchor with webauth (Passthrough)

Jeff Brannen
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 5508s (foreign and anchor both running 7.2.110.0) with an open WLAN configured via mobility anchors. This configuration works and has no problems. My next task is to incorporate a webauth page (accept/reject) to present the clients with AUP information, etc.

On the foreign controller I created a test WLAN (open) and setup webauth Passthrough using the Cisco webauthbundle (wap.html), this works as intended, no issues.

However I am at a loss as to how to incorporate the webauth Passthrough functionality on the WLAN that is configured for the mobility anchor. Any quick tips links to appropriate documentation will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately we just have the two 5508s, No ISE, No ASA, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff Brannen

2 Replies 2

rsreeves1
Level 1
Level 1

Is wap.html on the anchor controller as well?  The mobility tunnel for that WLAN won't come up unless the WLAN configuration is identical on both controllers, including having the same web auth login page selected (with a couple exceptions, e.g. interface name).

As for documentation, chapter 10 (Cisco Unified Wireless Guest Access Services) of the Enterprise Mobility 4.1 Design Guide was my saving grace the first time I tried to do this.

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under WLAN>> security>> Layer 3>> select passthrough instead of auth on both foreign and anchor.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card