Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to broadcast SSID at sites

vinayak-nayak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to broadcast a specific ssid at all sites. Following are the existing factors:

> There is a WLAN already setup with that name and has proper configuration

> There is corresponding WLAN - VLAN mapping for this SSID 

Some site AP's are grouped under specific flex-connect groups while other sites do not have such flex-connect groups. Do i just go to each flexconnect group  -> wlan vlan mapping and click "ADD"  ?

Also i need to hide this SSID ? 

How to achieve this without any downtime ? 

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hide SSIDs by un ticking broadcast under the WLAN - if currently used will cause outage

If WLAN IDs are <16 they will automatically add to each AP

Otherwise if APs are in AP groups can add them to the AP group (no outage)

Flexconnect Groups for VLAN mappings can add APs to these or add WLAN to default Flexconnect group - no outage

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Andrew for replying. Bit confused.

The same set of AP's are present under AP group per site and also under flexconnect group.

For the AP group i checked the following tabs : WLANS  -> ADVANCED - AP GROUPS

For the flexconnect i checked the following tabs : WIRELESS -> FLEXCONNECT GROUPS -> GENERAL -> FLEXCONNECT AP'S

So if add the new WLAN for the AP groups then will there be any "Unsync" issues in the flexconnect groups ?  Or will it automatically show up under the "WLAN - VLAN MAPPING" tab on the respective flexconnect group ? 

Thanks

If you add a new WLAN to the AP Group that is locally switched you also need to update the flexconnect group. You have to manually update both no auto sync

I normally update the flexconnect group first and then do the AP group to make sure there is no clients getting stuck before the flexconnect group is updated.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card