cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow Configuration WLC 5508

scottsassin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 5508 WLC that I need to configure Netflow. I have SolarWinds Orion as the receiver of the netflow.

I'm a little confused about the setup in the GUI of the WLC.

What is the exporter IP address? The documentation says the WLC itself is used as the exporter. If that's so, how do I set Orion as the destination, to receive the NetFlow?

Please help me out.

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to create an exporter profile by setting your Orion IP and udp port where it will receive your netflow data.

Then create your netflow profil where you need to select the exporter profile you've created before and select ipv4 traffic.

Once this is completed you need to go on your ssid QOS tab and select this netflow profile you've created.

I guess you have created already your avc profile and attached it to your ssid.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to create an exporter profile by setting your Orion IP and udp port where it will receive your netflow data.

Then create your netflow profil where you need to select the exporter profile you've created before and select ipv4 traffic.

Once this is completed you need to go on your ssid QOS tab and select this netflow profile you've created.

I guess you have created already your avc profile and attached it to your ssid.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Scott,

Did you see this post on Cisco Wireless Controller NetFlow Configuration? It explains the WLC GUI.

Mike 

Solarwinds NTA does not support netflow from Cisco 5508 WLC.

In version 8.2 data, SolarWinds is expected to receive, but there is a limitation for this that impacts the device because it does not allow this information to be sent to the Solarwinds server for the 5508 and this is the Controller model. Even though in 8.2, this information is sent  to the Netflow collectors, this is only supported by Controllers model 5520, 8510 and 8520; the Controllers that do not support this are 2500, 5508, 7500 and WiSM2.

Source: https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Netflow_Traffic_Analyzer_(NTA)/NBAR2_and_Flexible_Netflow_for_Cisco_WLC_5508

I agree 5508 WLC doesn't present in a format that solarwinds NTA can interpret 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card