cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

new catalsyt 2960-X preventing WIFI VLAN traffic from being passed.

RogerCox
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a new switch in my office. I am using a firewall with WIFI APs for office wireless. The firewall maintenance VLAN can see and manage the APs. This traffic isn't tagged. The two VLANs for the WIFI SSIDs are tagged. End user devices can't connect to the SSIDs since they can not get IP addresses from DHCP. When IP address is added manually the device will connect, but will not have internet access. When connected on a simple NetGear POE switch, all settings work perfectly fine and devices connect without issue.

All of our previous switches have worked without management so very little switch management has been done historically. Using the switch web UI I set the 4 ports that the APs connect to as Trunk ports. All write ups on similar issues have mentioned this should fix the block of data. Unfortunately this still isn't working. Both of the VLANs were added to the switch as well.

Any clue or direction on what I should now try or look into would be very helpful.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@RogerCox wrote:

This traffic isn't tagged. The two VLANs for the WIFI SSIDs are tagged.

IF there are two (or more) VLANs then the ports connected to the Autonomous AP should be a Dot1Q Trunk.

... trunks - with native vlan set to your "maintenance vlan".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card