Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie 2504 Wireless Controller Software Connection

Daniel Peaper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I've just placed an order for a 2504 Wireless controller and access point. My supplier has asked what software load I require? Can someone explain to me what the options are? Is he just talking about licensing or is it something else?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Is he asking what software Version?

Most people who have an existing Cisco Wireless infrastructure have a specific version of code running (not neccessarily the latest) so when ordering additional controllers they might be given the option of what code to run (6.0 vs 7.0 for example).

If they are asking you what software version, I'd just have them put the latest 7.0 on it (7.0.220.0).

Or are you buying the AP 3600? If you are buying the AP 3600, you must go with the 7.1 code.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Is he asking what software Version?

Most people who have an existing Cisco Wireless infrastructure have a specific version of code running (not neccessarily the latest) so when ordering additional controllers they might be given the option of what code to run (6.0 vs 7.0 for example).

If they are asking you what software version, I'd just have them put the latest 7.0 on it (7.0.220.0).

Or are you buying the AP 3600? If you are buying the AP 3600, you must go with the 7.1 code.

I agree. I would just go with 7.0.220.0

Daniel Peaper
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys, I specified 7.0.220.0 and it seemed to keep him happy. Just have to wait for the parts to arrive now!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card