Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie Seeking - Router Having 2.4MHz Radio Turned OFF - DPC3941T

junkhead ear
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have been hit with an issue I can’t seem to figure out…

My DPC3941T running on Xfinity has consistently been having its 2.4 MHz radio transmitter deactivated in the 3-4am hour the last five nights.  The 5 MHz transmitter continues to work fine but all the 2.4 devices are offline.  

Xfinity support denies any system maintenance or signal ever sent to physically shut-off the 2.4 radio.  I can 10.0.0.1 login and the 2.4 radio is “inactive” with the EDIT button greyed out.  If EDIT is clicked it throws a popup declaring the Admin has switched off the radio.  Only a factory reset,…reactivate router through Xfinity signal…will switch the OFF radio back ON and it works fine until the 3am hour.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Model:DPC3941T
Vendor:Cisco
Hardware Revision:1.0

5 Replies 5

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Sorry not familiar with that product but it is obsolete https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/obsolete/video/cisco-dpc3941-wireless-residential-gateway-with-digital-voice.html so you should probably be asking Xfinity for a new router.

Unfortunately the same thing is happening to me---Except no service at all-- Indicator Lights UP as if normaI; connected to Gateway, but NOT to the internet.

I turned that one into xFinity <10d ago, because eventually it wouldn't connect anymore--even during the daytime, nor after multiple resets/reboots. Of course Comcast/xFi issued me EXACT SAME EOL MODEL! The difference? Newly shrink-wrapped!

I typically schedule my online tasks for the middle of night when I'm most focused and productive.

They seem to have the firmware as up to date as possible, but what gives with issuing any Gateway with a declared Manufacturer EOL years prior?

Anyway, I'll go to xFinity forum since I'm right back with same problem again.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

This is really something you can only take up with your service provider directly. 

Some service providers customise the config of the devices they provide and may even have custom firmware provided by Cisco so only they can support the device they have supplied.  If they can't give you a working device then find another service provider who can.

comaTOES
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for responding! I get what you're saying but where I live, xFinity/comcast essentially has a monopoly on high speed internet services & TV cable.

• I received an announcement email about company rolling out changes to website & and I'm concluding that at least partial blame is on company testing shyte in the middle of night and my 2nd gateway may work fine at this time.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For the "historians" here is the data sheet of the router: https://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2234717~41385a0f2e778ed11c009a204b796cad/C78-733352-00.pdf

It has parental controls built in, maybe somebody activated those in error?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card