Views
Helpful
Replies

No DHCP lease over Anchor Mobility Group

steve pearson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an issue with DHCP over a mobility group/anchor which I have set up at my site and a remote site, to allow our clients to roam.

I’ve tried I think everything but I cannot get the remote client (one of our laptops) to get a DHCP address in the terminating Inside-Guest VLAN, from the remote site.

Mobility Group is up and Cisco TAC have verified this (I experienced some issues setting this up over a VPN)

I have checked:

> Fixing an address on the laptop works and you can see the whole network, including a ping to said DHCP server

> Adding DHCP server IP (Microsoft DHCP server, routable from the Inside-Guest VLAN) in to the WLAN and also on the ‘management’ interface the guest anchor

> Ticking the DHCP Required – this forces the laptop to stop attempting to get an IP much quicker

> DHCP Proxy enabled and disabled, now in Global

> Creating a local DHCP Scope on the anchor WLC (named the same as the interface of the anchor).  Interestingly, at one point I saw a leased address on the scope to the MAC of my laptop, however, my laptop still reported a 169 IP.

The Inside-Guest VLAN is OK – attaching a laptop to the VLAN, you get a valid IP address issued

Mobility goes over an IP Sec Site to Site VPN, ip and protocol 97 matched on the crypto (all works with a fixed IP on the client)

All WLC’s are in ‘New Mobility Group’ mode.

Help!

Thanks!!

Steve

1 Reply 1

steve pearson
Level 1
Level 1

PS:

> The trunk port which the anchor is connected to permits all VLANs.

> IP Gateway/network on DHCP scope is correct.

> Tried entering the DHCP server in the interface config and also tried entering it's own IP address, to try to use local DHCP scope on WLC

> Microsoft DHCP server is used to serve other roaming clients on another WLC Anchor I have, this anchor is in 'Old Mobility Mode' and this one is in 'New Mobility Mode', as this remote site's WLC is operating in this mode.  Therefore I can't use my existing WLC.  However, our DHCP server should be supported and confogured correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card