cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Easy Way to Find APs in 9800 WLC GUI.

jake.hansen
Level 1
Level 1

I recently migrated from a 5508 WLC to a 9800. On the 5508, when viewing all APs, there was a "Change Filter" option that would let you filter the view based on various options such as name, MAC address, or Model. I do not see any similar options on the 9800. There is a search box that can quickly find APs by name, however that search function sends me to the "AP Statistics", which doesn't give the ability to make configuration changes. In order to make changes, I need to find the AP from the list in Configuration -> Wireless -> Access Points, which has no search function.

I also have another issue with the way the sorting works on the Access Points view. The page can only display up to 100 APs at a time, and I have about 250, so it spans 3 pages. When I try sorting by AP, rather than sorting my whole inventory, it only sorts the 100 APs already on the page, so if I have 30 APs that start with the letter A, I might only see 20 on the first page, and have to find the rest of the top of page 2 or 3.

The end result of both of these issues is that it is very difficult to find and make changes to a specific AP. Am I missing something or do I just need to learn to learn to get used to searching this way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jake.hansen
Level 1
Level 1

I just found the solution but don't know how to delete a post. On the Access Point View, clicking the small arrow next to the column heading gives filter options.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jake.hansen
Level 1
Level 1

I just found the solution but don't know how to delete a post. On the Access Point View, clicking the small arrow next to the column heading gives filter options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card