cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No internet connection on wlans (wirelless controller cisco 2500)

robert P0
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I recently received a wireless controller 2500 and two access points and I need to configure them in such a way that I have an ssid with which I can connect to the Internet.

I have everything set up
but when I connect to ssid it tells me that it does not have internet, what can I do?

14 Replies 14

I would check DNS server correctly configured under DHCP scope.

If you configure a wired port to same vlan as10.168.1.x/24, can you browse internet?

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

robert P0
Level 1
Level 1

they receive ips but strange ones, on pc i receive 169.254.38.245, and on laptop i receive 169.254.174.45 . When I modified them manually and pinged, I received timed out. Like you can see in that screenshot. What can i do ?

It is not receiving IP address.  Those IPs are APIPA, it is generated automatic by the machine.

If you plug a machine on your router on the same interface you plugged the WLC, does it get IP address?

yes i recived ip address and i have internet.

I think it's a configuration problem
I set the management interface to be on the router's network
with the ip 192.168.100.40

you have it as an untagged vlan, what is the default vlan on the switch the WLC it connected to? Otherwise setting the vlan in the internet interface to the correct vlan may correct it.

I didn't connect it to a switch. I connected it directly to the home router and I can't change the vlan.

Hi

Where do you connect this WLC?

Let´s say this is a switch? How is the switch port configured?

Can you share the show run of the switch, in case it is a switch?

i connected to an home router huawei HG8147X6

Got it. And does your clients connected to the WLC are getting IP address?  Are they able to ping the gateway 10.168.1.1? 

robert P0
Level 1
Level 1

they receive ips but strange ones, on pc i receive 169.254.38.245, and on laptop i receive 169.254.174.45 . When I modified them manually and pinged, I received timed out. Like you can see in that screenshot. What can i do ?

169.254 are APIPA self assigned IPs, so they are not getting DHCP. I have never even tried to run one on an access port. It may have to be a trunk port, but not sure.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

There's no need to do DHCP proxy when the DHCP server (your home router) is on the same subnet and the home router probably doesn't support DHCP relay anyway or would get confused by relay from the local subnet!

On the interface remove the DHCP server IP and set Proxy mode to disabled.

hellaparker010
Level 1
Level 1

Verify that your wireless controller or router is configured to provide DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) to the connected devices. DHCP assigns IP addresses and other network configurations required for devices to access the internet. Make sure DHCP is enabled and functioning correctly.

@hellaparker010 Robert already confirmed that by plugging a PC into the router:
> "yes i recived ip address and i have internet."

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card