Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No IP Adress for a 1252 AP

Hello to all,

I have a Problem with some 1252 AP.

We have installed in a Branch two 4402 (25) Controller. Both Controller work without Problems. We have also installed some other AP´s on this Controller.

Version is 7.0.98

Now my Problem. I Connect a AP´s to a HP Switch but the AP dos not get a IP.

I can see with a console Cable that is a message: AP can not join to the Controller because he has no IP.

In The DHCP is a Reservation for this AP. When i delete this Reservation the AP dosn´t also get a IP.

We have flashed this AP bot without result.

Dos anyone know this Problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Andreas

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Plug your PC into that port (where the ap is at), can you pull an IP on your PC?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George Stefanick

thanks for your answer.

I get a IP with a PC. This is not a Problem.

Is it getting an IP, but just not finding the controller? Can you capture the output and post it ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi Stefanick,

thanks for you Answer. I have found the Problem. On this AP was the Network Modul defect. Cisco change this AP.

Thanks for you Help.

Regards

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: