cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Non Root Bridge loses connectivity to Root bridge every 15 minutes

sstruckm
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 350s, point to point with Yagis. ~1000 feet. Signal quality is 97-100%

Every 15 minutes or so the link dies and it re-associates. (error states-lost authentication with Parent ) When I disable WEP everything works fine. Are there any known bugs and is there a workaround other than disabling WEP?

6 Replies 6

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WEP key timeout that will force reauthentication.. That shouldn't effect any users or data rates transfer..

So if you need you can play with that wep key timeout.

Problem started again. Even now with no WEP enabled. Possible bad hardware? Anything else I can try?

First of all you need to determine do you see the users get de-associated and re-associated..and is there any connectivity loss..

I would say start with just simple ssid config to get association..After that verify that you can stay connected long enough..After that start configuring WEP again..

Also i don't think you have any hardware problem.

I do see the bridges lose connectivity. I have now tweaked every setting I could, and still they randomly disconnect.

Thank you for your help. I have opened a case with TAC.

schalm
Level 1
Level 1

I have had similar occurence. Double check what role the radio plays in that connection. Root / Repeater with no clients / Repeater with clients, if you have an incorrect match the units will periodically lose authentication and then re-associate. Look under >setup>network ports>bridge radio> advanced. Just something to double check.

One end is configured as Root Bridge and one end is configured as Non-Root w/o clients.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card