Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to connect Air-CAP2702 to WLC 5508

nasersayar1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I will much appreciate to let me know how to connect the Access point AIR-CAP2702 to the wireless controller 5508 I try a lot but the access point does not appear on the wireless controller.

many thanks and best regards,

Naser Ahmad  

23 Replies 23

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; 

2.  WLC:  sh time; 

3.  AP:  sh version; and

4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief

Thanks Leo,

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; Cisco 5500 series wireless LAN controller 

2.  WLC:  sh time; Afghanistan Time

3.  AP:  sh version; and 7.6.100.0

4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief gigabit interface

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; Cisco 5500 series wireless LAN controller 
2.  WLC:  sh time; Afghanistan Time
3.  AP:  sh version; and 7.6.100.0
4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief gigabit interface

The response supplied is NOT helpful at all.  

I recommend you provide the COMPLETE output to the commands requested because we know what to look for.

Dear Leo,

thanks and sorry for misunderstanding here is attached all the info.

Regards,

Naser

Product Version.................................. 7.6.100.0   

WLC firmware 7.6.100.X does NOT support AP2702.  You will need to upgrade WLC firmware to a minimum of 7.6.120.X for AP2702 support.  My recommendation is to upgrade to 7.6.130.X instead (due to stability issues).

Product/Model Number                 : AIR-CAP2702E-A-K9    

However, upgrading the firmware won't solve the issue as the AP will still not join the controller because the AP has the wrong regulatory domain.  Read THIS.

The WLC is configured for Pakistan but the AP has the incorrect Regulatory Domain of "-C".

Thanks where to get the new firmware 7.6.130.x ?

I saw the list I register the WLC to PK as I couldn't find Afghanistan and for your info we purchased this through US. what is your recommendations for the selection of the country.

Thanks where to get the new firmware 7.6.130.x ?

The latest firmware version 7.6.130.X can be found HERE.

I saw the list I register the WLC to PK as I couldn't find Afghanistan and for your info we purchased this through US. 

I cannot remark on the regulatory domain because this is purely political.  But as far as I'm aware, even if you enable the country of Pakistan in the controller the AP won't join.  The AP will join if you enable US on the controller.  But be aware that this might contravene telecommunication laws in the country of Afghanistan.  

Just to add, you need to use the appropriate ap model for the country You will be installing the access point. The ap that you have is only for the U.S. And most likely you might get into trouble if Afghanistan doesn't allow the same channels and or power. Get the correct ap for the country is what I would suggest.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

What if you make this change, but all other changes cause the APs to register to other WLCs - never the priority WLC in the HA list? REF the issue below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12522301/2702i-e-ap-cannot-join-wlc-after-changing-mode-flexconnect

Erase fixes and allows registration, but all resets after cause to jump to a different WLC....

I upgraded the Firmware to 7.6.130.0 and changed the county of WLC to US but still I am unable to get connected to AP.

I upgraded the Firmware to 7.6.130.0 and changed the county of WLC to US but still I am unable to get connected to AP.

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; 

2.  WLC:  sh time; 

3.  AP:  sh version; and

4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief

Thanks here is the latest updated files,

BVI1                       unassigned      YES DHCP   up                    up

The AP does not have a valid IP address so it's obvious that the AP cannot join the controller.

Is DHCP Option 43 configured?

No but I want to assign a static IP for the AP could you let me know how to do it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card