cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not broadcasting SSID in BRIDGE mode

hossainatique
Level 1
Level 1

My system consists of WLC 5520, along with 40 plus 1552WU and 1552H Access Points. AP Joined properly with the WLC, however only in Flex-Connect mode I can broadcast SSID and successfully join to it. However my issue remains, if I connect with Flex Connect, only my Root Access Point can Broadcast SSID, while the remaining APs get disconnected, as i have only one root access point, i have tried FLEX + Bridge, it does not broadcast SSID either.

My Software-Version is 8.5.161.0, all AP's are in the same default-group. Can anyone suggest what am i missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hossainatique
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to TAC,

under WIRELESS-->Mesh--> Backhaul Client Access was unchecked. Checking that button rebooted all access points and i was able to broadcast my SSID.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hossainatique
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to TAC,

under WIRELESS-->Mesh--> Backhaul Client Access was unchecked. Checking that button rebooted all access points and i was able to broadcast my SSID.

Hi Hossain

Yes it is. Lately i have one concern on it. Since Root AP can broadcast SSIDs, i am possible to configure all of local AP as bridge+flex mode. But it would have drawback if we configure all of APs as brideg+flex mode than local mode. What is your point on it?

You need to understand the different modes and when to use them. There are different purposes why you choose one over the others but it doesn’t mean one should always be used. RAP’s should be the only one to use Flex+Bridge in my opinion if that is what you want.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thank you for response Scott

I know what the difference is between modes and we have many years of practice on how to use WLC and access points in operations. Flex+Bridge was very helpful to use local VLAN's as flex mode and making a mesh network. However, is there someone who has experienced who did advertise SSID as bridge or bridge flex mode and what is the disadvantage for client computers as connecting local mode???

If we don't require to make a mesh connection, the local mode is preferred. Additionally, it will have unnecessary usage of AP resources. Example: at least, signal strength will be reduced at root ap mode. But I am not how much difference of signal strength and what will have more disadvantage...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card