cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not getting the "Monitor Mode Optimization" Section while converting LAP form Local mode to Monitor Mode.

mansab.mahmood
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !!

I have a MSE with 25 user wIPS License. I have initialized and added the MSE to the WCS, created the Profile and have synchronized the settings.

The problem is that when I go to the Access Points in the WLC and attempt to convert their mode to monitor mode (after disabling their radios) I do not see the "Monitor Mode Optimization" drop down box (as shown in the picture attached) on the settings page of the Access Point.

When I check the NMSP status for the wIPS service from the WCS it shows it as "Inactive"

Any help to solve this issue will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what happens if you set the AP mode to monitor, then reset the AP?  Do you then have the options?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for responding Stephen!

Well I have tried that as well, but even after converting an AP to monitor mode and restarting it the option does not show.

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem, did you get any solution ?

Thanks to you,

Regards

Hello Didier,

Regrets for getting back to you so late. No solutions as of yet, I have been assigned to another project so I have not been able to do any research on this issue.

Kind Regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card