cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Off-line ACS Configuration

cbradt
Level 1
Level 1

I need to apply a basic configuration to an ACS appliance (5.2) then ship it off to another location to be installed.  The initial installation script calls for you to configure the IP address, DNS, etc ... then pings the gateway and DNS before rebooting.  If these pings fail will the installation fail?

In other words do I either need to be in the correct network or dummy it up with pingable addresses for the installation to continue properly?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes!! you are right!!

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes... you do not need to be in the correct network or you can dummy it up with  pingable addresses for the installation to continue properly..

and then the place ur installing, please change the IP address and the DNS address..

This wil do it for you!!

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please done forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks, I do not have physical access to the ACS after it gets moved off-site.  So perhaps the best solution is to configure it with valid addresses for the location where I am performing the intial configuration - then it can do the pings and complete the installation.

Once the ACS reboots I can go into the CLI over the serial connection and change the IP address and default gateway (and DNS if needed).  When that is complete I can power off and ship out.  Sounds reasonable?

Thanks ...

Yes!! you are right!!

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card