Views
Helpful
Replies

OfficeExtend - 1142 - Loses Config.

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

WLC 5508 7.0.116.0

When configuring an 1142 in OfficeExtend mode, the device connects and a DTLS Tunnel is established when behind the firewall.  When testing from a port outside the firewall, the AP fires up, but loses it's configuration - the AP receives an IP Address but all of the 'primed' information is lost and the device appears to be back to factory default (i.e. hostname is reset, password reset to Cisco)

My configuration steps are:

AP Registers and, using NCS, I assign a name, a Primary Controller Name, a Primary Controller IP Address, H-REAP, OfficeExtend Enable, AP Group is assigned.

Since the Controllers are using real IP Addresses (non-RFC1918) I do not need to perform NAT configuration on the Controller (or....do I?).  I have opened ports UDP 5246/47 to that host from the outside.

When reconnecting the AP back inside the firewall, I have to re-add the device in NCS as if it were new.

Is there something that I am missing?

-Robert

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How are you priming these, with NCS?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Correct.  I am using the AP Configuration Page of NCS.

-Robert

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

There was an internal routing issue that was causing an asynchronous path that resolved the registration issue.

I am still having trouble with the AP config be wiped when it reboots...so deployment is an problem (unless I open up traffic to the master CAPWAP controller and have the end user change their domain so the AP can reregister from scratch...a PITA if they lose power at home)

Hopefully that issue will be fixed on upgrade to 7.2 or .3

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card