cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Operation Status is down at ap c9100

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello, APs are joined to vWLC C9800. All profiles and tag are configured and puched to APs, but the Operrtation Status are down. One way we can make it up is to reset APs from factory setting. But we do not think it is normal way for all APs. Can we configure or reset APs from vWLC? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't know about that being correct... I had a bunch or 9130axe and just plugged them in and had the same issue.  The ap's detect if the antennas are connected or not.  If you connect a 9130axi, you will see that the operational status is up.  Connect an antenna to the ap and see if the status changes, that will provide you with the result of the test.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what do you see in the WLC Logs?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only time I have seen this is when the access point was a 9130axe and no external antenna was connected.  Other than that, if your ap's are 9130axi, and the policy and tag's all line up, you should have no issue.

-Scott

Thank you for your reply.  its c9130AXE. but we do not think the Operation Status is related with external anntena, because it worked before without anntena.

Below is its log

#show logg
Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 3 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled)
No Active Message Discriminator.
No Inactive Message Discriminator.
Console logging: level debugging, 109 messages logged, xml disabled,
filtering disabled
Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged, xml disabled,
filtering disabled
Buffer logging: level debugging, 109 messages logged, xml disabled,
filtering disabled
Exception Logging: size (4096 bytes)
Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled
Persistent logging: disabled

I don't know about that being correct... I had a bunch or 9130axe and just plugged them in and had the same issue.  The ap's detect if the antennas are connected or not.  If you connect a 9130axi, you will see that the operational status is up.  Connect an antenna to the ap and see if the status changes, that will provide you with the result of the test.

-Scott

saravlak
Spotlight
Spotlight

http://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1062496379.pdf

External Antennas
The C9130AXE models (C9130AXE-x and C9130AXE-EWC-x) support up to eight external antennas. These include four
dual-band and four single-band 5 GHz antennas.
The C9130AXE model has an 8-port Smart Antenna (DART) connector on its side. Ext 8*8 antennas can be directly
connected to the C9130AXE AP using the 8-port Smart Antenna (DART) connector. Antennas with RP-TNC and N-type
connectors can be connected to this 8-port DART cable connector using the AIR-CAB002-D8-R= for RP-TNC
connectors or AIR-CAB003-D8-N= for N-type connectors.

For more information on Self Identifying Antennas, see “What are Self Identifying Antennas?” section on page 33

Note Always connect the antennas to the AP before powering the AP up. Enabling the AP radios without
connecting the antennas can result in damage to the AP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card