cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Option 43 with 5508 redundancy

william.briere
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to use DHCP Option 43 for branch office network connected AP's when I bring them online. I have two controllers I have setup in redundancy mode and want to know if I still need to specify the management IP of each, or can I just specify the redundancy IP?

Controller 5508

Version 7.4.100.0

Access Point 2602

Type AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9

VCI String

Cisco AP c2600

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well that is used for redundancy not ap communication. Console/telnet/ssh to an ap and issue a show capwap client rcb and that will show you what IP address the ap uses to and knows about.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you need to specify the management IP address. The AP's will only connect to the primary WLC not the HA until the primary fails and the HA WLC becomes active.

-Scott

I guess the part I'm confused about is the management IP and the redundancy IP are two different IP's. The redundancy IP is specified on both units. Do I use that one "redundancy IP, or do I leave it off the configuration and instead use the actual management IP's of each controller.

e.g.

Controller#1

Management IP 192.168.10.3

Redundancy IP 192.168.10.2

Controller#2

Management IP 192.168.10.4

Redundancy IP 192.168.10.2

Thanks

Well that is used for redundancy not ap communication. Console/telnet/ssh to an ap and issue a show capwap client rcb and that will show you what IP address the ap uses to and knows about.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card