cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdoor Antenna options for HWIC-3G-CDMA card

erik.kneebone
Level 1
Level 1

The options I have found for these 3G cards is the the extension base that uses the Swivel Antenna (3G-AE015-R) and the ceiling mount (3G-ANTM1916-CM). Both of these are indoor solutions. The problem is that the building we are trying to deploy the cards in is a steel framed warehouse with a metallic exterior and the signal we get is poor for the 3G and CDMA2000 bands. Is there an outdoor mounting option for these cards? If we penetrate the roof we are able to get good signals on both networks.

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

For the HWIC-3G-CDMA-V , 3G Wireless WAN HWIC supporting -1xRTT, EVDO Rev A/Rel 0 (Verizon SKU) is supporting and HWIC-3G-CDMA-S , 3G Wireless WAN HWIC supporting -1xRTT, EVDO Rev A/Rel 0 (Sprint SKU) is supporting.

In addition to the Cisco 3G WWAN HWICs, Cisco provides a range of antenna solutions to accommodate a variety of installation environments. Here is the part number and description available.

Part Number Description

3G-ANTM1919D Multi-Band Swivel Mount Dipole Antenna, Faceplate Mount

3G-ANTM1916-CM Multi-Band Omnidirectional Antenna, Ceiling Mount

3G-AE015-R Single Unit Antenna Extension Base (15-ft cable included)

I hope it may help you.

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I'm unable to bring up the data sheets on the antennas you listed. But the basic descriptions appear to represent them as indoor-only.

Check these for outdoor use:

http://www.wpsantennas.com/omni-directional-dual-band-multi-band.aspx

Or, to be more general, "it's cellular" ... even an automotive cell phone antenna should work, as long as it has the TNC male connector (which most will).

Good Luck

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: