Helpful
Replies

outdoor AP

CSCO11191613
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

i have outdoor area (students waiting area) open area 50m*30 m

the nearest buliding from this area about 20-30 m ( i have wism in this buliding and Indoor AP)

# users from 50-70 at same time

open area mybe  affected by weather factors

what is good solution for this case

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mohammed,

If you have 50 - 70 students and I suppose they are using normal web traffic, you would want to have a minimum of 4 access points (20 per). That still a bit high for my liking, I try to aim for 10 clients per ap for data only.

As for what solution, you could point directionals off the building, deploy mesh if you have power in the waiting area. I mean there are a number of options. You might want to speak to your local cisco se.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

what is type of access point (indoor or out door)

and access point model please

These are the some models of Cisco access point . You can use in ur indoor .

cisco 1040 ser stand alone  , 1140,1250,standalone & controller based

1260  standalone.

Cisco® Aironet®  1300 Series Outdoor Access Point or Bridge  is an 802.11g  access point and bridge that provides high-speed and cost-effective  wireless connectivity between multiple fixed or mobile networks and  clients. Building a metropolitan-area wireless infrastructure with the  Cisco Aironet 1300 Series provides deployment personnel with a flexible,  easy-to-use solution that meets the security requirements of wide-area  networking professionals. The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series can be deployed  as an autonomous access point or bridge, providing intelligent network  services as a standalone device. Alternatively, the Cisco Aironet 1300  Series can be deployed as part of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network,  managed centrally by a Cisco wireless LAN controller.

Wireless Mesh Access Poin

Cisco Aironet 1550 Series

Cisco Aironet 1520 Series

Wireless Bridges

Cisco Aironet 1400 Series

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series

Thanks & regards

Vishal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: