Helpful
Replies

PEAP users do not connect at .11n speeds

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I wonder if some else has seen this:

I have a CAPWAP environment with 7.0.98 version Controllers and 1252 and 1262 APs and using ACS 5.1 for AAA services. 802.11n on a/b/g is enabled.

Also transitioning from EAP-FAST to PEAP, have two different SSIDs for this but noticed that only people using EAP-FAST and Visitors (using Web Auth) are connecting at .11n. Nobody using PEAP connects .11n. I tried with a Windows laptop myself and connected immendiately at .11n when using EAP-FAST but only at .11g when using PEAP.

Anybody with similar experiences that could shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are we using WPA v2 with AES as the encryption?? or OPEN authentication?? with All MCS ratings enabled + WMM enabled.. then only we get N speeds!!

Please check and lemme know!!

Dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are we using WPA v2 with AES as the encryption?? or OPEN authentication?? with All MCS ratings enabled + WMM enabled.. then only we get N speeds!!

Please check and lemme know!!

Dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

I'm using WPA v2/ AES and all MCS rates are enabled. However WMM was not in the SSID using PEAP and that seems to have done the trick. I see PEAP users now connecting at .11n.

Thanks lots for the useful tip!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card