Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.8 on vmware access public

How are you.

I have installed PI 3.8 in VMware as a laboratory, is it possible to grant public access and how? to carry out tests from home

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well you need to either vpn back to the office network or create a port forwarding on your router/fw.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It would be the same for any other device in your lab you want to access. I guess what are you trying to accomplish? Add devices from your home lab to your work lab?
-Scott

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have installed  PI in VMWARE with a private IP address, on your external you need to setup NAT entries so you can access GUI for Prime 

or you have WLC at home you want to manage using Prime ? 

you need to provide more information for us to understand clear requirements - what you try to accomplish here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Scott Fella thanks for time, to be more specific I installed the PI in a VMware in the office of course with a Private IP, now I need to access that PI GUI from somewhere else for the purpose of testing, is this possible? and how could I achieve it?

Well you need to either vpn back to the office network or create a port forwarding on your router/fw.
-Scott

Thanks Scott Fella for your help, I was able to solve the issue, I put the VMachine in the same virtual network (it was not in the same network as the physical server) then I proceeded to port forwarding.

Glad to hear you have it working.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: