Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE for AP3802E

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am encountering an issue in one of my AP3802E. I have a stack switch (SW1 / SW2) and all configurations are correct. I connect my AP3802E to port 1 of SW2, it can detect power through PoE but the status of the port of the SW2 doesn't come up the status is "notconnect". I checked also the power inline and I confirm that the switch still got a lot of power to provide to the AP3802E.

I tried the following as part of my preliminary troubleshooting;

1. Connect the AP3802E to port 2 of SW2, the result is the same as port 1 of SW2.

2. Connect an old AP3702 to port 1 of SW2, it works.

3. Connect the AP3802E to port 4 of SW1, it works.

It is a bit weird why this is happening for the AP3802E since all ports that I tried to connect have the same configuration and also have drawn power from the switch but still the port is still in "notconnect" status.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Does this AP register to a WLC? if so what software version is in use?

What differences are there with stack member 1 & 2 in question

Rasika

@Rasika Nayanajith , we register the AP to our mobility express version 8.10.

There are no difference between the SW1 and SW2 because it is in 1 stack switch.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this sound like a speed and duplex negotiation issue, 3802 is Mgig capable so you may try hard coding the speed and duplex in the switchport. Additionally I would recommend running a TDR test on the port connecting to this AP to verify that l1 is fine.

Did you verify that both switches in the stack are POE AT compatible?

Hi @Arshad Safrulla thanks for the reply, sorry what is a TDR test and how to do it? Yes, both switches in the stack are POE and for some reason when I connect it in SW1, the AP works but not in SW2 even though it still have a lot of power based on the power inline output.

- 1) For the SW-2 problem, check the switch-logs when the AP is connected.    2) Are there any led-indicators on the AP     3) Connect a console to the AP, is some activity (still) seen or can a boot process be established, if so post full output.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card