Helpful
Replies

Point to Multi Point outdoor design question

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have this scenario:

650 m for current remote (non root bridge). Further non root points would be less than 2 Km. Non roots would be 1310 integrated antenna 13 dBi

Root bridge 1310 with external 14 dBi sector antenna AIR-ANT2414S-R

The reason is to have a wide pattern for the Root so that I can cover bigger area and directive Non Roots so that they only point to the Root. If necessary more Roots with sector antenna would be added to cover zones that the current root would not reach.

Do you have any design suggestions or design guides that would help?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marco Gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

There is not a design guide per se that will tell you how to deploy a point-to-point or a point-to-multipoint bridge connection.
What cisco recommends is to perform a site survey for every situation to analyze the environment and to recommend the better equipment, antennas, power settings, channels etc.
What cisco has to help you out and to estimate the possible RF behavior is the Outdoor Bridge Range Calculator Utility.

here is the link that explains how to use it and tells you how to get it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_tech_note09186a008009459b.shtml

I hope this information helps you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marco Gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

There is not a design guide per se that will tell you how to deploy a point-to-point or a point-to-multipoint bridge connection.
What cisco recommends is to perform a site survey for every situation to analyze the environment and to recommend the better equipment, antennas, power settings, channels etc.
What cisco has to help you out and to estimate the possible RF behavior is the Outdoor Bridge Range Calculator Utility.

here is the link that explains how to use it and tells you how to get it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_tech_note09186a008009459b.shtml

I hope this information helps you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card