Views
Helpful
Replies

Prerequisites for 9800-L High Availability

Laith Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

In addition to the DNA license for APs, do I need any other licenses so that one pair of 9800-L (Active/Standby) can work without issues?

Do I need the PERF License in order for the HA to work? 

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

> Do I need the PERF License in order for the HA to work? 

No, the PERF license is purely for increasing the platform throughput (5Gbps > 10 Gbps), max APs from 250 to 500 and max clients from 5000 to 10000.

According to Cisco-DNA-Software-Subscription-Matrix-for-Wireless - Cisco
HA is supported with DNA/Network Essentials or Advantage license level but "In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU), AP Device Pack (APDP), AP Service Pack (APSP), Rolling AP upgrades, Hot Patching, SMU." is only available with Network Advantage.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

> Do I need the PERF License in order for the HA to work? 

No, the PERF license is purely for increasing the platform throughput (5Gbps > 10 Gbps), max APs from 250 to 500 and max clients from 5000 to 10000.

According to Cisco-DNA-Software-Subscription-Matrix-for-Wireless - Cisco
HA is supported with DNA/Network Essentials or Advantage license level but "In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU), AP Device Pack (APDP), AP Service Pack (APSP), Rolling AP upgrades, Hot Patching, SMU." is only available with Network Advantage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card