cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.4 mobility anchor configuration template not saving

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

Been using Mobility anchors for years, but been setting them up manually not via prime.

I've had to create a Major Incident WLAN which will be enabled and disabled and password changed after use.

So to make is a easy for any one to do, created the WLAN and found that Prime could do Anchors and configured for foreign/anchor WLCs.

For belts and braces, replicated this on other site in case of fail over.

But found after testing that once you disable the WLAN and change the password and deploy the template, loses the mobility configuration, so have to keep adding again.

Is this a bug, can't find it

Cheers in advance

5 Replies 5

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Prime 3.4 is so old by now, I don't remember if this was an issue. But you should anyway upgrade to the latest 3.9 version, as there is a very critical bug in probably all previous versions that easily allows the takeover of the server. 

Until recently 3.4 was the highest I could go to.  RFC already submitted for 3.9

Cheers

Please note, the upgrade is quite a pain. Depending on what you already have done, it's quicker to start with a fresh installation and import a copy of the map export, once you've added the WLC into the 3.9 installation.

If I remember right it was quicker for me to build it fresh last time as there was an issue with the import.

But can maps from 3.4 go straight in to 3.9?

cheers

As it happens, I currently have both systems available. The import worked until the verify step. I didn't continue as I didn't want those maps/aps in the 3.9 system (different one), but it looks like the 3.4 map export is compatible in 3.9.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card