cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime and CMX Maps

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I am exporting maps from Prime to import into CMX. When I do the Prime export, I do not see the maps on my computer in the downloads directory as I would expect. Any idea where else they could be downloading?

PI 3.3 and CMX 10.4

6 Replies 6

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

So when the save popup comes up.. where is it defaulting the download of the file to? Do you see it in that directory or are you having difficulties seeing it when you go to import to CMX?

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

I am retrying. I did not see an option to choose where to save it.

Seems a bit odd! Are you using a supported browser and is it possible popups are being blocked?
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

I am using Chrome on a Mac with pop-ups allowed. I have tried Firefox as well and still doing the same thing.

Try Firefox and sitemaps (old) vs site maps new in Prime 3.x+  ..my 2 cents

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depending on your CMX version you don't have to actually export the maps and do an import.

If you CMX and PI servers and talk you can add the PI details into CMX and it can pull all the maps across.

The PI maps when exporting from PI if you have a large number of them it can take sometime and sometimes times out (I believe this is a bug in PI). Have you tried exporting a single building and seeing if that works?

The actual export will either prompt where to save or do the normal chrome thing and just come up down the bottom and go to your downloads

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card