cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime fails to add a WLC

joseavalero
Level 1
Level 1

WLC 5508 8.0.115 fails when  add to prime 2.2: Unable to collect details neighbor device using Cisco Discovery Protocol. Posible cause : 

SNMP request timed out. Verify device credentials and SNMP response speed from device. The SNMP credentials are corrects. 

Capturing packets we see that the WLC responds snmp requests but  prime does not know how interpret the responses and re-order them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

please check this post

http://itsnotthefirewall.com/2014/08/07/cisco-wlc-not-adding-to-prime-infrastructure/

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you test and verify the credentials on PI 2.2, does both show as pass?  The controller and PI seperate across the WAN or are the local to each other?  Are you using smnp v3 by chance?

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The credentials pass always previous test, the controller and Prime are in a local network. I tried with snmp version 2c and 3.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Are you using both management and dynamic (an interface of WLC with an IP address on the same VLAN as Prime Infrastructure) ? If So due to asymmetric routing, it may happen PI will face issue in communicating.

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Josè,

have you solved your issue?

Now it is also mine:-)

It looks line a 8.0.115 or prime 2.2 bug.

Hello,

It worked for me with prime version 2.2 and controller version 7.6.130. If there is any dynamic interface in the controller with ip address from the same subnet as prime , then remove it and resync. It should work.

Thanks 

Shabeeb

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

please check this post

http://itsnotthefirewall.com/2014/08/07/cisco-wlc-not-adding-to-prime-infrastructure/

I Solved it , I changed  "Maximum VarBinds per Get PDU" from 30 to 15  in  Administration > Settings > System Settings > SNMP Settings

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: