cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infractructure Additional License Woes

vancamt76
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased the following license: L-PI12-LF-100 to add 100 additional licenses to our current appliance. When I tried to apply the new license, I received the following error:

"Unable to add any license without an BASE license"

This system was upgraded from WCS to NCS to Prime Infrastructure and I had previously applied: L-WCS-NCS1-M-K9 and L-NCS-1.0-ADD-K9 (see screenshot of currently-applied licenses). I have contacted TAC, but I am not getting anywhere so I was hoping that maybe someone else has run into this problem and can provide a fix.

Here is the version information:

cisconcs# show ver

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.1.038
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: cisconcs

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Network Control System
------------------------------------------
Version : 1.3.0.20

3 Replies 3

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

You can download the BASE license for free from Cisco licensing... www.cisco.com/go/license

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Normally you would also add the PI-BASE to the order so you receive a PAK code, at zero cost. You need this license installed before ou can install the add-ons

Cheers,

John

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

You need to install Base license first then you can apply additional license. Base license is available free of cost. For more detail you can see the attached ordering guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: