Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime infratructure NCS 1.2 CSCOlumos/bin/wcsadmin error

Vincent Duprez
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

After a successfull installation of NCS 1.2 into a vmware environment and run the setup I have the following error while trying to start or to have a status for NCS (ncs start ot ncs status):

sh: /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/wcsadmin.sh No such file or directory

any idea please ?

Regards,

Vincent

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From the CLI, issue a NCS Status

Is everything else running?

Try to restart the service and then see or else reboot the VM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

While doing the ncs status command I'm receiving also the "sh: /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/wcsadmin.sh No such file or directory " error message.

server has been restarted . I can logging and ping it but looks like th eapplication is not correctly installed:

For example a sh application provide:

and that's all.

For information:  I have reproduced twice this issue and after checking my VMWARE server ( a test one ) I noticed that it was overloaded...

By freeing some ressources on the esx server and running the setup one more time it solves the problem..

FYI: I haven't received  any error message during the previous installation except some warning regarding latency on disks

Yeah that will do it also. PI does require its resources or else it will error out or just be slow as heck:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Vincent,

Scott is right..

NCS/PI is very resource intensive. Please make sure the recommeded resources are made available for the VM as per the deployment size. Otherwise, the JVM within PI won't be start the neccessary components.

Ram.

dapmillan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have the same problem but im not on a VM enviroment, i have the cisco appliance. Any idea???

Diego.

My solution:

I had the same issue. The reason for that error is not insufficient disk space, but a small disk size. If you install it on a 100 Gigabyte volume for example, the install process simply interupts, and you end up with the empty volume (try "DIR"command - the disk will be empty).

Try to Install it on a 350 Gb  volume, i believe that this is the minimum Disk requirement.

dapmillan
Level 1
Level 1

This is the output that i have.

PRIME-SERVER/admin# NCS status
sh: /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/wcsadmin.sh: No such file or directory
PRIME-SERVER/admin# show application status NCS
% Application NCS is not installed
PRIME-SERVER/admin# show application

PRIME-SERVER/admin#

Diego.

Vincent Duprez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Diego ,
IS it a New install? In this case why not 1.3?
Can you check the disk space if it has already work?
Vincent

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi vincent!.. Thanks for your answer.

About the 1.3 version im afraid my licences wont work since i have them for the 1.2 version. Shoul i be worried about that??

How can i check the disk space and what should be its state for the appliance works fine??

Thanks again.

Diego.

The same license should work fine. You may use "show disks" command to check the space.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: