cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to register an Ap Aironet 1200 to a WLC 5500 Series

frank2812
Level 1
Level 1

Hi a i have this version Ap "c1200-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2" and a WLC 5500. When i connect the ap to the network i can ping from ap to wlc and the wlc to ap,  but the proccess of lwapp messages give errors on the Ap when the Ap try to download the image from wlc and could not join the wlc. why this could be? this is the info of the wireless lan controller.

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code are you running on the WLC?  The 1200 isn't supported after 7.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_2.html#wp947842

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

where can i see the version that you ask on the gui of wlc without "show version" on cli?

On the WLC main screen shows the WLC code version.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

In the WLC, run the command "sh sysinfo" and this will tell you what version the WLC firmware is running on.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since Leo Steve and Scott answered .. So will I !

If your 1200 only has a b radio it won't connect regardless.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Since Leo Steve and Scott answered .. So will I !

All we need is Surendra and we can have a party.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card