Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Radius on my WAP351

Servicesksmoove
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community,

I have two WAP531 at work (one in the office, one in the warehouse) and they are working both in a cluster (Single Point Setup). They diffuse the same SSID and Roaming is working fine.

Now for security reasons I just build a Radius Server (Windows Server 2016) and both of my APs are register to the Radius.

My problem is that I can connect to my Wifi with only one AP (the one in the office). Once the connection is done everything is working fine (roaming,etc).

But if I have a client who's trying to connect for the first time to the wifi but he's in the scope of the warehouse AP, i get the windows authentification prompt but the connexion is not working.

Now I bring the computer and go near the office AP and try to connect and it's working.

So it seems that my warehouse AP have trouble with the radius server for first connexions but the settings of the APs are the same since it's a single point setup ..

If anyone could bring help on this subject would really appreciate it.

Regards,

1 Reply 1

Wifi_Eshwar92
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the ip address of 2nd ap properly configured on radius server? is the authentication request from 2nd ap hits the radius server?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card