cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems roaming between 2 aironet 1200

blaaberg
Level 1
Level 1

This site has 8 APs, they are all running default conf with the latest ios based sofware. its work fine to a certain degree. you can roam between them all fine, with all our PDA's. there is no WEP or anything else running to keep it simple. The PDA's are running citrix clients so loosing the connection for a short period of time can cause problems with the session towards the citrix server, anyway here is what i see..

im connected to AP1 and walks towards AP2 away from AP1, my signal goes lower and lower and just before i assosiate with AP2 i get "missed becaons" signal on the PDA's wireless status screen and that is sometimes enough to make my citrix client on the PDA to hang for a period of time or loose the connection.

before i loose connection to AP1 i have a 100% signal from AP2 but its not roaming to it, not until its tolate. this is what i need help with.

what ive tried is to lower the RTS treshhold value but it did not have any effect. this is between the same 2 accesspoints each time, not the rest.

can i do anything about this?

another small thing which i do not take as serious is an amount of CRC errors counting 1 packets each 7-8. the more accesspoints i shutdown the less crc errors and when only 1 AP is online there is no CRC errors, could this be beacons or maybe broadcast ssid's bettwen the APs, but with bad signal strengh so its logged as CRC's?

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Have you tried using a higher channel?

Not applicable

Channels 2 through 5, 7 through 10, and 12 through 14 are overlapping channels. I believe the default is 1 which is none overlapping.

sperez
Level 1
Level 1

Just asking. Did your AP utilize the same channel or did each one have a different channel?

Thx,

Steve

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card