Views
Helpful
Replies

PSK SSID behavior

MartinBahov9952
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

We've setup a PSK (only) SSID, which is broadcasted by all APs on the 2504 wireless controller and they are all in local mode (in the default AP group). APs are salt and peppered on multiple floors in the same building and the issue is when the clients are moving from one floor to another, the devices have to re-enter the PSK. As far as I know, they should have the capabilities to remember the key and auto-reconnect  on the network, but this is not happening. We suppose that the devices are leaving the wireless range during the movement from floor to floor as the stairs might not be covered.

Can someone tell me if this is a normal behavior or it might be configuration issue or software bug?

We are running 8.3.133.0 code and today we upgraded to 8.5.151.0

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like a client wi-fi driver bug to me. Do you use some weird "location based wireless management" utility on those devices, or the normal Windows wireless function to connect?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Do you have multiple 2504 or single Unit ?  This is not a normal behavior either case. I would check if WLCs are in mobility list/group  if more than 1 WLC involve

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

There is only 1 WLC in the network.

Martin

ok.

Do you experience this issue from all the devices or one device type ?. Normally client device should remember what configured on it.

Rasika

Sounds like a client wi-fi driver bug to me. Do you use some weird "location based wireless management" utility on those devices, or the normal Windows wireless function to connect?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card