Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Configuration on WLC 5520 Version 8.5

davideranalli1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I must implement QoS on a 5520 WLC already working in local mode, I am new to QoS on WLC and I can't find much on the web. Any help for a usefull guide of how to configure QoS on WLC? 

I know differences between DSCP, ToS, CoS, and DSCP is already trusted on 2960X switches on which APs are plugged. WLC is plugged to 4500 which trust DSCP by default so I should be fine.

Any help on this will be infinitely appreciated.

Davide

3 Replies 3

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following is a good session from CL explaining QoS on the WLC 

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/us/docs/2018/pdf/BRKRST-2515.pdf

Pretty much you should be worried about using the right profile on the WLAN and trust DSCP between AP and WLC so CAPWAP header information is honored. 

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Thanks - this is good stuff!

Thank you very much

so from what I understood even If wireless client device is WMM capable therefore classify its application traffic into one 8 UP, WLC won't let packet go trough the network with the roght DSCP unless we configure a profile? In summary WLC doesn't trust DSCP by default so profiles must be configured both to reserve bandwidth in case of congestion and to "trust" DSCP. Is that right?

Thank you in advance again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card