cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about AP Management

Mark Mattix
Level 2
Level 2

I'm in the works of setting up a new data center and wanted to get your opinion on the WLC and AP management interfaces. I plan to create a subnet for the WLC management interface as well as for the AP management. My question is, should this WLC management network be the same as my management network for using SSH to get to my routers and switches or should these also be separated? Thanks a lot for any advice!

2 Replies 2

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

I didn't read anything as "best practice" for this, but I believe that you can put wlc's management interface and access-point in the same management network.
It will make things easier (access-point will find and join WLC quickly) and your users will be in others VLANs.

Hi Mark,

"should this WLC management network be the same as my management network for using SSH to get to my routers and switches or should these also be separated? "

most popular platforms like 5500 have separate service port that you could use in your OOB subnet. with larger deployment I usually separate wlc management interface and AP subnets(well most of the time you'd have to depending on your L2 connectivity) in to different ones but not with all smaller deployments to keep it simple

Cheers

Prabath

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card