Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about the setting of C9130AXI-Q

Archer_03
Level 1
Level 1

# Network Environment
Network camera (connected wirelessly) <-----> Wireless Access Point <-----> Windows 10 OS PC (connected by wire)

The Wireless Access Point is PoE.
The model number of the Wireless Access Point is: C9130AXI-Q (Cisco EWC software ap1g7 Ver17.4.1.6)

# Issue
I am currently having an issue with my C9115AXI-Q (Cisco EWC software ap1g7 Ver17.4.1.6) at my office,
where our network security camera cannot send its streaming data to our PC.
(I.E. We cannot stream the video from the PC)

# Additional information
When I further analyzed the issue, the stream data from the network camera to C9115AXI-Q is being sent to via UDP with size of around 50,000 bytes.
However, only [1480 byte * 25 packets] of data is arriving from C9115AXI-Q to client PC side.

# Theory/Guess
I have believed that the issue lies in the settings in our Cisco AP.

# Questions
Could someone kindly point out which setting might be causing this issue
and walk us through on how to fix our current problem?

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the logs on the AP  , see if you can find anything unusual.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you for the suggestion @marce1000.
I will check the logs, but I have some few question about it.

1. How should I check the logs? Should I connect the AP to my PC using a RJ-45?
    Or is there a way to check the logs using the Web UI?

2. How can I check the logs for my issue?
    Could you kindly show to me what kind of commands or steps should I use to check the logs?

3. If possible, Could you also tell me what kind of logs should I check and expect?

- Use ssh to access the AP and issue show logging or configure a syslog sever.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@marce1000

Thank you for the input.

I have connected to the AP via ssh and input the "show logging" command
to check the logs while I tried streaming to the network camera.

However I do not see any logs that might give me a hint the issue that I am currently experiencing.
For reference, below are some of the logs that I took from the AP.

[2021-06-01 10:51:13.479] Jun 1 01:50:07 kernel: [*06/01/2021 01:50:07.0480] CLSM[F2:F5:AA:19:1C:08]: PMK cache was found (11r or 11i)
[2021-06-01 10:51:13.479] Jun 1 01:50:42 kernel: [*06/01/2021 01:50:42.7840] CLSM[F2:F5:AA:19:1C:08]: PMK cache was found (11r or 11i)

Could you kindly help me again on how to further check the logs?
Is there an extra options or levels for "show logging" that could show me more logs?

- Try to disable fast roaming , check if that helps :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/80211r-ft/b-80211r-dg.html

M.

Thank you for the input @marce1000 

I have tried to disable the "Fast Transition" but the issue still exists.
Our network security camera cannot send its streaming data to our PC.

I have also checked the log from AP while "Fast Transition" is disabled, but nothing has changed.

Could you share more advice and hint on how should I continue to investigate my problem,
so that I could find the reason of the issue?

- You may have a try with the latest software version : 

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286323627/type/286323077/release/17.5.1

M.

@marce1000 

Thank you again for the suggestion.  
I have tried updating my AP to the newest version as you have mentioned.

Sadly, the issue still exist.
I still could not stream the video feed from my network camera to the PC which are both connected to the same AP.

Do you have other ideas or settings that I should check in my AP
that could improve/fix the issue I'm currently experiencing?

saravlak
Spotlight
Spotlight

Try joining camera with AP9130.

Try streaming video using vlc.

- isolate its AP/mcast/specific application related.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card