Views
Helpful
Replies

question about tunnel two WLAN from the same foreign WLC to the same anchor

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,I met following customer request:

one anchor WLC 4402-12 put in the DMZ of perimeter firewall, one WiSM in the internal network to controll all the AP1252. two WLAN created at the WiSM and anchor WLC: guest wlan(web-auth+lobby admin created guest accounts) and untrusted wlan(web-auth+ACS+AD user database). Both WLANs want to be tunneled from WiSM to Anchor WLC. Guest WLAN has not much users, untrusted WLAN has a lot of users which may be thousands. My question is if this design can work?(I know definately one WLAN can be tunneled, but not sure if there's any potential issues if tunnel two WLANs)

Is there any performance issue? What WLC version is suggested to use?

Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

I haven't ever tried this but suspect that you can form only one tunnel outbound per WLC. The anchor supports multiple inbound tunnels but outbound is the question. When you find out for sure please post it here.

Have confirmed with TAC, it can work. Basicly the foreign WLC will use its management IP to build up only one EoIP tunnel with Anchor WLC's management IP. This tunnel can carry multiple WLAN traffic.

Good deal and 5 points for the question. I guess I misunderstood. I thought you meant to multiple egress points. In other words, I thought you meant to go to two different physical controllers for egress. My bad.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card